RTITB Forklift Instructor Novice (10 Day)
An RTITB Instructor holds an internationally recognised qualification in providing forklift training courses to prepare and examine operators for the working environment.
ISM Training Services specialise in providing accredited training for both private and business customers to ensure they can provide quality Forklift training to their staff. This course is suitable for those who wish to become qualified as a Forklift Instructor. Read our forklift Frequently Asked Questions or learn more about our Forklift Training Courses.
The course is suitable for experienced Forklift Operators or Safety Trainers who wish to add to their training portfolio. An RTITB Instructor holds an internationally recognised qualification in providing forklift training courses to prepare and examine operators for the working environment. The ideal candidate should have sufficient experience and skill in operating a forklift truck and be of a confident nature. The course takes place over 10 days excluding weekends.
Our new purpose-built Forklift Training Centre is fully equipped with the latest Counterbalance, Reach and Power Pallet trucks. All ISM Forklift and Warehouse Training is accredited and approved by the RTITB. All ISM Fork-Lift Truck Trainers are fully qualified and registered by the RTITB.
Who Should Attend?
This is an intensive 10 Day programme that requires significant study. The ideal candidate should have sufficient experience and skill in operating a forklift truck. The course is externally examined by an RTITB examiner which is included in the overall cost. Study material and training notes are also included as part of the programme.
What Qualifications Will I Receive?
All trainees are independently assessed by the RTITB and will receive an RTITB instructor certificate on successful completion of the course. The training provides the qualification for the newly qualified instructor to certify training and instruct both novice and experienced operators. On completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Plan, prepare and present forklift instruction
- Conduct and mark theoretical tests
- Issue certificates to operators upon completion of training
- Be fully familiar with RTITB standards
- Safety, Health and Welfare at work Act 2005
- Instructional techniques
- Safety responsibility of the operator
- Workplace hazards
- Assessment of participants operating abilities
- Pre-service checks
- Presentations of practical lessons by participants
- Stacking and de-stacking – free standing and in racking
- Practical test of basic operating skills
- Forklift truck operator testing, theory and practice
Potential candidates must either be pre-qualified Forklift operators or have successfully completed the requirements of the Novice Training Programme. In both cases, they must have formal training in operating the type of truck on which they are expected to instruct e.g. Counterbalance or Reach. Specificially:
- Candidates must have a current and valid Forklift operators certificate
- Candidates must have completed the Novice Training Programme or received formal operator refresher training within the 12 months prior to attending the Forklift Instructor course
- If a candidate trains as a Counterbalance Forklift Instructor, this will only qualify him/her to deliver training on Counterbalance Trucks. A further one-day conversion course would be required to qualify the instructor to deliver training on Reach trucks