ISM Training Services specialise in providing accredited training for both private and business customers to ensure they receive their ADR Certification. Read our ADR Frequently Asked Questions or learn more about our ADR Courses.
Our ADR Basic course includes all the training you will need to successfully pass your exam with the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport. The course takes place over three successive days, starting on a Monday and finishing on a Wednesday.
All ISM Training and instructors are accredited and approved by the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport.
Who Should Attend?
ADR certification is required for any driver who operates a vehicle used for transporting dangerous goods by road throughout Ireland and the EU. This course covers the regulations and safety procedures relating to the carriage of dangerous goods by road in packages, IBCs, Bulk and Tanks. The objective of the course is for trainees to receive the knowledge and skills to assist them in successfully passing their exam with the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport and gaining certification.
What Qualifications Will I Receive?
All trainees will receive their Driver Training Certificate upon successful completion of their exam with the CILT.
- General information
- Competent bodies
- National and international regulations
- Personal protective equipment
- ADR mandatory equipment
- Driver duties during emergency transport
- Supervision of parking of vehicles
- Load segregation
- Routing and tunnels
- First Aid, including CPR
- Fire awareness and fire extinguisher requirements
- UN packaging scheme
- Types of packages
- Vehicle marking and placarding
- IMDG placard requirements
- The chemical classes
- Sources of information
- Segregation of substances
- Primary and secondary hazards
- Technical terms
- The individual characteristics of each of the chemical classes 2,3,4,5,6,8 and 9