Job Title: Yard Manager
Ref. number: VAC-18399
Location: Ballyboughal, Co. Dublin North
Our client, rapidly growing courier company and provider of customized logistics solutions is currently looking for Yard Manager for their site based in Ballyboughal, Co. Dublin North.
• Consolidate information from different sources to determine daily trailer pool
requirements, trailer flow in yard, and generate daily reports to support business needs.
• Coordinate with operations and delivery service providers to ensure smooth flow of traffic,
ensure safe operations, and communicate
• Communicate with Warehouse Manager and Warehouse Supervisors on next in line for
offloading as per our trailer arriving process and customs regulations for offloading arriving
• Manage hauliers in the yards to ensure drivers are compliant with our health and safety
Processes and safe parking of their units and trailers
• When trailers arrive, ensure to communicate to Transport office in line with our customs
procedures and determine from the trailer listing when trailers can be opened and moved
into position for offloading to begin
• Manage Flow of traffic into and out of the yards on a daily basisincluding customers arriving
to collect freight
• Shunting of trailers as required using our yard shunter or equivalent
• Acts as a focal point for any yard issues that may arise
• Keep an up to date knowledge of scheduled trailer appointments, monitor hauliers arriving
to collect trailers empty or loaded
• Daily trailer log to be produced for all trailers parked in our yards to be issued to relevant
• Maintain a safe working environment
• Conducts monthly safety/yard inspections, documents findings/observations and
distributes to the appropriate management personnel.
• Manages yard and warehouse ensuring compliance with company cleanliness and
• Must hold Current HGV Licence and or Shunting equivalent
• Must be flexible and willing to change hours if we experience ferry delays
• Must have previous experience in a supervisory or management position
• Strong Leadership Skills
• Positive/Flexible Approach
• Capable of taking on ‘hands-on’ tasks
• Excellent Communication Skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
• Proactive and responsible, taking personal ownership of role
6:30am to 2.30pm Monday to Friday. Saturday 6.30am to 11.30am.
Additional hours may be required to meet the demands of the business.
Salary: €32 – €38K
Apply below with an up-to-date CV.
This vacancy is being advertised by ISM Recruitment/ISM Driver Recruitment a division of the Irish School of Motoring Group of companies, leaders in Driver Education since 1961.
Winner for Best in Practice – Warehousing, Logistics & Light Industrial 2016
Shortlisted for Best in Specialism 2017 & 2016
Shortlisted for Agency of Year 2017 & 2016
To review more live vacancies visit us on www.ismrecruitment.ie
To view or update your Safe Pass, Manual Handling, Commercial Driving, CPC, Advanced Driving, Forklift & Warehousing training skills click on www.ismtraining.ie