This is an intensiveæ10 Day programmeæthat requires significant study. Participants will receive theoretical study material to study and will undergo training on instructional techniques, workplace hazards, forklift operator testing, theory and practice. The ideal candidate should have sufficient experience and skill in operating a forklift truck and be of a confident nature. This course is externally examined by an RTITB examiner which is included in the overall cost.
- Our nextæRTITB Instructor Training Courseæcommences onæTuesday 17th April 2018æand will finish onæMonday 30th April 2018æ(RTITB Testing Day). For any currrent Instructors renewing their licence/accreditation, will be shortly running anæRTITB Instructor Refresher Course – please contact Eric at 01 8641790 for dates.
- äå1850 for the 10 Day RTITB Instructor Course / äå950 for the 5 Day Re-Certification Course.
- If you have any queries or want to book a place on one of these courses, please contact Eric at 01 864 1790; alternatively you can email us atæinfo@ism.ie.æPlease note that availability is strictly limited (to a maximum of 6) so early booking is strongly advised.
On completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Plan, prepare and present forklift instruction
- Conduct and mark theoretical tests
- Issue certificates to operators upon completion of training
- Be fully familiar with RTITB standards
- Safety, Health and Welfare at work Act 2005
- Instructional techniques
- Safety responsibility of the operator
- Workplace hazards
- Assessment of participants operating abilities
- Pre-service checks
- Presentations of practical lessons by participants
- Forklift truck operator testing, theory and practice
- Assessment by outside examiner and examination
Potential candidates must either be pre-qualified Forklift operators or have successfully completed the requirements of the Novice Training Programme. In both cases, they must have formal training in operating the type of truck on which they are expected to instruct e.g. Counterbalance or Reach. Specificially:
- Candidates must have a current and valid Forklift operators certificate. Copies of the trainee’s forklift cert and their date of birth are required for the application.
- Candidates must have completed the Novice Training Programme or received formal operator refresher training within the 12 months prior to attending the Forklift Instructor course
- If a candidate trains as a Counterbalance Forklift Instructor, this will only qualify him/her to deliver training on Counterbalance Trucks. A further one day conversion course would be required to qualify the instructor to deliver training on Reach trucks
Participants complete a theoretical and practical exam. On successful completion of the exam participants are awarded an RTITB Forklift Instructor Certificate. ISM are also in the position to guarantee paid work experience when you pass this RTITB Instructor Training Course.All practical training takes place at ISMäó»s state-of-the-art, custom-built facility in Finglas, North Dublin (at Exit 5, off the M50) and delivered by highly experienced Fork-Lift Training Instructors. Specific points to note regarding the facility include:
- Specially designed to meet the needs of all learners
- Complies with all legislative requirements in terms of health & safety.
- Located close to the M50 for easy access from all locations
- Has the largest dedicated fork-lift training facility in the Republic
- Specially-designed training rooms with leading edge technical capabilities as standard
- ISM provides Counterbalance, Reach and Power Pallet Trucks.
- All ISM trainees are provided with hi-viz jackets to ensure safety whilst in the Warehouse
- ISM provides Rigid Trucks reversed into Warehouse to show trainees how to load actual vehicles
- ISM employs a full-time mechanic to maintain all vehicles in ideal running order and to deal with any eventualities (break-downs, flat tyres etc), thus keeping downtime to a minimum
Additionally, please note that ISM has a full policies and procedures in place for:
- Health and Safety
- Environmental Awareness
Amongst other things, ISMäó»s Health and Safety Policy covers:
- First Aid and Accident Reporting
- Traffic & Vehicle Management
- Hazard Identification Procedures
- Health & Safety Management Guides
- Fire Safety
Visit our dedicated training site for more info onæForklift Instructor Training.