Learning To Tow A Trailer
Your category ‘B’ (Car) driving licence only covers you to drive a vehicle up to 3,500kg & trailer up to 750kg.
With a Category ‘B’ (Car) driving licence you can tow a trailer with a
- Maximum Authorised Mass (MAM) no greater than 750kg, and/or
- Where the MAM of the trailer exceeds 750kg but where the MAM of the vehicle and trailer does not exceed 3500kg.
With a Category ‘BE’ (Car & Trailer) driving licence you can tow a trailer
- In all cases where the MAM of the vehicle and trailer combination is greater than 3500kg but less than 7000kg.
- In cases where the MAM of the trailer is greater than 750kg. However, note previous statement where in certain cases a category B licence will allow you to tow a trailer over 750kg.
ISM provides fully branded BMW X5's and Ford Kuga's with box trailers which are available for tuition and your driving test. In recent months the law is really being enforced. In fact the Gardai are now actively pursuing vehicles towing trailers on the road and checking that the driver is in possession of the correct licence - without this correct licence (category BE), you are not insured and could be prosecuted.
Jeep and Trailer Lessons are charged at €130 per two hour session. The Hire of an ISM Jeep + Trailer for your Driving Test costs €150.00.
- **Special: 4 hours + Vehicle Test Hire (including 1 hour before) is now reduced to €380.00.
- We provide a flexible 7 day week service and our ADI Instructors boast a 90% Test Pass Rate.
- If you want to schedule times and dates or are interested in finding out more about learning to tow a trailer for the "BE" licence, call our friendly Customer Care Team staff on 01 864 1790.
A map has such small print, it's impossible to safely read it while driving. If you are needing to find a specific address, write out the basic directions in large writing and short sentences, before you drive there. If you must read the directions (not the map) while on the road, do it where you are stopped.