As a result the EU introduced Directive 2003/59/EC which makes it compulsory for European member states to have DriveræCPCæfor all professional bus and truck drivers.
- Driver Certificate in Professional Competence Information Booklet
- Driver Certificate in Professional Competence Information Leaflet
- Driver Certificate in Professional Competence Case Studies
- Application form for a DriveræCPCæBus Theory Test
- Consultation äóñ Driver Certificate of Professional Competenc
- Information Note onæCPCæfor Professional Bus/Coach Driver
- Regulatory Impact Assessment
- Frequently Asked Question
- EU Regulations äóñ 2003/59/ec
- CPCæTraining Centre Application Form
- Guidelines for completing Training Centre Application Form
- CPCæTraining Centre Guideline
The introduction of DriveræCPCærequires more rigorous testing and continuous trainingfor professional bus drivers from 10th September 2008 and truck drivers from 10th September 2009. The holder of a full driving licence for a truck or bus beforeæCPCæis introduced will automatically be entitled to a DriveræCPCæthis is called acquired rights.
TheæRSAæissued a Consultation document in August 2007 outlining the requirements of DriveræCPCæand how theæRSAæcould introduce DriveræCPCæin Ireland. The Consultation document made a number of recommendations and invited feedback from the transport industry and the general public on their observations and views on DriveræCPC.