Become an ISM Instructor
Join Ireland's Largest Driving School
Join Ireland’s largest team of qualified Driving Instructors and receive the support and expertise to offer you the flexibility to earn more. Being an ISM Franchisee (or an agent of ISM as it is also known as), you are self-employed and your own boss. ISM Instructors deliver top-quality tuition to pupils throughout Ireland and with our recognised and household brand, nationwide advertising and extensive marketing, ISM is first choice for tens of thousands of new drivers every year.
Why Choose ISM
- We are the Market Leaders – Be part of the largest, longest established, only nationwide and most successful Driving School in Ireland. ISM is the name people trust when learning to drive.
- Irish Owned – ISM is Ireland’s first established Driving School, set up by John Walsh in 1961. The business is still in family ownership for 60 years, now being run by his son, Karl. This family ethos creates a culture that benefits our Instructors and customers alike.
- Visibility – As an ISM Instructor you get INSTANT credibility / recognisability with our eye-catching vehicle branding. Our new vehicle branding features ISM, AXA and the local Instructors contact details.
- Advertising – As an ISM Instructor, you benefit from our Nationwide Premium Advertising on Google, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, print media, local and national radio stations and various other marketing channels that we run from time to time. ISM spends a six-figure sum annually on advertising and promotions.
- All of AXA Insurance’s local branches are promoting local ISM Driving Instructors with posters and point of sale material.
- Payment – ISM accept all major credit and debit cards, bank transfers, cheques and cash. Huge amounts of ISM Gift Vouchers are purchased each year, which creates lessons for our Instructors and payment to our Instructors is an automated process.
- The ISM Online Booking System – No other Driving School offers their pupils real-time on-line booking. Our customers can book lessons online 24 hours a day meaning you get more time teaching and less time on the phone or calling people back. On-line booking is increasing and now equates to over 40% of all our incoming business.
- Diary management – We handle enquiries, book lessons and take payments for you from our Customer Contact Centre, which is open 7 days a week. All ISM Instructors can have access to their diaries 24/7 on smartphone. Unlike our competitors, you have complete control of you hours you wish to work. You determine your own availability (and keep this live), and our Call-Centre Team will only schedule lessons as per your availability. We pay all our Instructors weekly by direct debit directly into your bank account.
- Fleet Training – As an ISM Instructor, you will have an option to be involved in corporate training. ISM is the chosen driver training provider for many State and multi-national businesses throughout Ireland.
- Dual-Controls – ISM is an approved HE-MAN Dual-Control supplier and fitter. Dual-Controls can be fitted to any car, supplied and fitted for €700.00. You will receive a certificate which is recommended by all Insurance Companies. Contact Karl Walsh at 01 8641790 for details.
- Rent a car with ISM – Great Value and hassle free. All our cars are fully branded and equipped with Dual-Controls. Competitive weekly rates for ISM Instructors. All you must do is supply your Insurance and put fuel in the car. ISM rental cars are subject to availability.
- Last and certainly not least, our Franchise Manager, Steve Murray and his team work tirelessly to ensure that all ISM Instructors maintain the high standards our pupils are accustomed to; ISM Instructors are part of a team of the most professional Instructors in Ireland. Steve personally keeps in regular contact with all ISM Instructors.
Frequently Asked Questions
The ISM Franchise has been successfully operating for over 20 years. Before this, we used to employ all our Car Instructors but by becoming an agent of ISM, you can earn over twice the amount compared to being an employee. ISM Driving Instructors cover driving lessons throughout all 26 counties of Ireland and being in the business since 1961, we understand the day-to-day challenges they face, both from a national and local point of view. So, if you are looking for the “best of both worlds” whereby you can book your own pupils along with ISM providing pupils to you, ISM has the best solution in the market.
Will you supply me with enough pupils?
We will work with you to ensure you have as many pupils as possible to make your business work. With our professionalism and longevity in business, our pupils are high quality and 95% of our customers pay for their lessons up-front.
What is pupil supply like in my area?
We monitor pupil supply in each area and balance it with the right number of Instructors. Contact our Franchise Manager Steve Murray, to find out about pupil supply in your area.
Can I set my own prices, hours and area?
While ISM prices are set nationwide, we do not dictate how you run your business and you’re free to set your own business preferences. Our Franchise Manager and his team are here to support you with advice on this.
What happens if something goes wrong with my own car?
ISM provides a few spare cars to lend to our Instructors should the need arise (subject to availability). Keeping your business on the road is our top priority.
What support does ISM provide?
The ISM Customer Contact Team operates 7 days per week to ensure support is offered to ISM pupils and Instructors.
So, you have read the details and you would like to talk to us? Give Steve or Karl a call at 01 864 1790 and they will go through the process or arrange to meet you to discuss.
CALL ISM Head Office: 01 8641790
If you are interested in becoming an ISM Driving Instructor in your area, call us at ISM Head Office 01 8641790. Alternatively, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request information.
At the present time ISM is expanding its operations with the recent new partnership announcement with Irelands Largest Motor Insurer – AXA Insurance. Two amazing offers (for Learner Permit and Full Licence holders) have recently been launched and are substantially increasing business for ISM Instructors all over Ireland. Also with the success of our on-line Booking System, over 35% of our national bookings are coming in on-line and we see this substantially growing over the coming months and years. And whats more – ISM are the only Driving School offering On-Line Booking to it’s customers.
Whether you are an existing ADI who wants to increase local business or new to the industry, contact Steve Murray or Karl Walsh at 01 8641790. Please note that ISM restricts the amount of Instructors in all areas throughout Ireland.