In order for you to understand the process in detail, the following is a step-by-step guide for you to become an RSA Approved Driving Instructor (ADI). Below we have detailed the prices of each exam and training module with an attractive payment plan to suit your requirements. We realise that it’s important that you know exactly how much the whole process will cost, from start to finish. On this note, beware of training companies that do not provide transparent information and/or prices. The ISM Instructor Training Programme represents unrivalled value for money and is guaranteed as the most competitively priced training available in Ireland.
The Instructor Training College will prepare you for your RSA ADI Exams in three stages. Your ADI Training Days will be conveniently scheduled for you prior to your three exam dates. In order for you to receive the best possible tutoring, all ISM ADI Training is Approved by the ADI Section of the RSA and is conducted on a 1:1 basis.
RSA ADI EXAM FEES
STAGE 1 €150.00
STAGE 2 €200.00
STAGE 3 €200.00
REGISTRATION FEE (upon successful completion) €250.00
ISM ADI TRAINING
The full Three-Stage Modular ADI Training Course costs €1550. Included in this price, ISM provides all Home Study publications, including Theory Training Manuals and also the Stage 3 ADI Teaching Manual. Please note that Home Study is required and we will advise you about the best way to proceeed with this study.
STAGE 1: Home Study + Revision Session (1 x half day session; 4 hours) of Classroom Based Theory Training (all material included).
STAGE 2: On-Road Advanced Training (3 x half day sessions; 12 hours). ISM will provide the training vehicle.
STAGE 3: Combined On-Road & Classroom Training (4 x half day sessions; 16 hours) of Instructional Ability Training (including ADI Teaching Manual).
Classrooms are provided for the relevant theory sessions and new fully-insured dual-controlled specialised Training Vehicles are used for the On-Road Training.
We now have introduced a new “three part easy-pay plan” where you can pay the course fee in three stages (€516 x 3). This fee includes all the necessary Training Material which is worth over €160.00.
Payment is accepted by Credit Card, Laser Card, Cheque or Cash. For more information about this, phone Karl or Steve at ISM Head Office at 01 864 1790.
- Download the RSA ADI application form . If you prefer, you can contact the RSA at 096 25007 and request an ADI Information Pack which contains the application forms. All three RSA ADI Exams will cost you €550.00 but you can pay for each stage separately if it suits you better. The breakdown of these RSA fees are: Stage 1: €150.00 / Stage 2: €200.00 / Stage 3: €200.00.
- Post your fee and completed application form to the RSA ADI Unit in Ballina, Co Mayo, who will contact you to arrange your Stage 1 exam date.
- Now contact The Instructor Training College at 1850 530 430 or send us your details via email, and an ADI expert will contact you. We will advise you about the best publications to read and we'll post you home study material so you can gain the basic knowledge in advance of your Stage 1 Training date (these are recommended by the RSA). We will require your first deposit payment of €516.00 at this stage. Then, when you receive your Stage 1 ADI Exam date, call us and book your Stage 1 Theory Training Session.
- When the RSA are notified of your successful Stage 1 pass result, after applying, you should expect your Stage 2 exam date within approximately another four weeks. Once you have received this date, call us and schedule your three half day sessions of Stage 2 Advanced Driver Training. We will now require your second deposit payment of €516.00.
- Now when the RSA are notified of your successful completion of Stage 2, you should expect your Stage 3 exam date, again within approximately another four weeks. Once you have received this date, call us once again and schedule your four half day sessions of Stage 3 Instructional Ability Training prior to your exam date. Now you can pay your third and final training fee of €516.00.
For further email information about becoming an ADI Driving Instructor, please click here.
Alternatively, please contact Karl Walsh at 01 864 1790 / 087 2533365 if you have any questions or if you wish to get started.