Eyesight Medical Reports

Eyesight Reports

If you are applying for your first provisional licence, you must submit a satisfactory eyesight report with your application.

  • To do this, download the eyesight report form (D.502).
  • Take it to an optician or registered medical practitioner. Once they have completed it you must sign it in their presence and submit it with your provisional licence application.

Medical Reports

A medical report (form D.501) is also required if:

  • You will be 70 years of age or more at the start of the licence period
  • You suffer from any of the disabilities or diseases listed on form D.501
  • You have ever suffered from alcoholism or epilepsy
  • You are taking, on a regular basis, drugs or medicaments which would be likely to cause the driving of a vehicle by you to be a source of danger

If you are applying for a provisional driving licence for HGV/PSV Vehicles, you are also required to complete the medical report.

Take the form to a doctor or medical practitioner and once they have completed it, sign it in their presence and submit it with your provisional licence application.

Click here to see Theory Test CD ROMs and DVDs in the ISM shop!

Click here to take the Mock Theory Test

Buy Gift Vouchers

VouchersGet them the perfect gift this Christmas with an ISM Gift Vouchers. You can choose from a wide range of prices starting at just €35 and up to €500, or set your own value.

Buy Now
The ISM Blog

Check out all the latest news from the ISM Blog. We've got all the latest articles relating to driving lessons, advice, hints, tips and so much more.

And every month a lucky commenter receives a free driving lesson.

View Blog
ISM Newsletter

Stay up to date with all the news and offers from ISM.

Sign Up
Item Added