If you are applying for your first provisional licence, you must submit a satisfactory eyesight report with your application.
- To do this, download the eyesight report form (D.502).
- Take it to an optician or registered medical practitioner. Once they have completed it you must sign it in their presence and submit it with your provisional licence application.
A medical report (form D.501) is also required if:
- You will be 70 years of age or more at the start of the licence period
- You suffer from any of the disabilities or diseases listed on form D.501
- You have ever suffered from alcoholism or epilepsy
- You are taking, on a regular basis, drugs or medicaments which would be likely to cause the driving of a vehicle by you to be a source of danger
If you are applying for a provisional driving licence for HGV/PSV Vehicles, you are also required to complete the medical report.
Take the form to a doctor or medical practitioner and once they have completed it, sign it in their presence and submit it with your provisional licence application.