The ISM are pleased to offer a dedicated training course in off road 4×4 vehicles for our customers. The use of 4×4 off-road vehicles for business and pleasure has dramatically increased in Ireland over the past 10 years.
Used correctly they can be very versatile with a wide variety of uses. However even the more experienced off-road users can often find themselves in extremely dangerous situations, and serious accidents can and do occur frequently.
The motto is ‘as slow as possible, as fast as necessary’.
ISM have developed a 4×4 training course to help reduce the risk of a serious accident while off-road, while also including basic vehicle checks to minimize the risk of vehicle downtime.
- Pre start checks – vehicle inspection – Correct use of low gears
- Emergency procedures – Correct use of differential lock
- How to cross gulys and channels – Use of all traction aids
- Vehicle checks before returning on-road – Vehicle positioning
- Correct move off procedures – Transmission and running gear
- Instruments and controls – Start-Stop procedures – Steering
- Route planning – Hill climbing techniques
- Ascent / descent / traversing
- Load limits – Daily vehicle checks