Why Join The ISM Team?
If you are reading this then you are probably interested in working as part of the ever growing team of Ireland’s first ever established, largest and only nationwide Driving School. ISM is a household name synonymous with Road Safety and consistently Irelands Market Leaders for the past 55 years.
A household name in learning to drive
The Irish School of Motoring (ISM) began in 1961 and for over 55 years has been teaching generations of people to drive. When it comes to learning to drive the Irish School Of Motoring is a household name. In fact in 1964, our founder John Walsh taught the first person in Ireland to pass their driving test!
Now is a better time than ever to join our team of over 160 ADI Driving Instructors Nationwide. At this time, the ISM Instructor network covers all 26 counties in Republic of Ireland, but in 2016 ISM is establishing presence in the 6 counties in Northern Ireland also.
The introduction by the RSA of EDT lessons (Essential Driver Training) means all qualifying Learner Permit holders MUST complete a MIMIMUM of 12 hours driving tuition with a qualified ADI. This development within the industry undoubtedly has meant more business for ISM Instructors and also now that ISM has partnered with AXA Insurance, who are Irelands largest Motor Insurance Company.
ISM Driving School Franchise
Becoming an ISM franchisee provides you with the best competitive advantage in the industry; when customers think of driving lessons they usually think ISM. With the unique ISM branding you have an effective way to distinguish yourself from hundreds of other driving instructors chasing the same business as you.
Not only will you directly benefit from the ISM nationally recognised and respected brand, you will receive unparalleled administrative support from our experienced staff members, the ISM Customer Contact Centre and the state of the art ISM Booking System which is Irelands only interactive on-line driving lesson booking system. This support network will allow you to maximise the time you spend teaching and help to increase your earning potential. In addition, you will also reap the benefits of our national advertising campaigns.
ISM & AXA INSURANCE
So, Irelands largest Driving School and Irelands largest Motor Insurer have partnered to give Learner Permit Holders two incredible offers:
1. For Learner Drivers
AXA are giving up to €400 off a motor insurance policy for any learner driver who completes 12 lessons with an ISM Instructor. This discount will be applicable to new policies and named driver policies.
2. For Learner Drivers OR Fully Licenced Drivers
Any person, either with a Learner Permit OR a Full Licence, can schedule the ISM TEST DRIVE, which is a One-Hour Driving Assessment (costing €60). ISM Instructors conduct these Assessments and on completion submit a short tick-box report via a new App, from a smart-phone. This Assessment is now available to any person aged between 17 and 24 years that has an Insurance policy in their own name, with or without being a customer of AXA.
Based on the results, AXA will guarantee a minimum of 5% off Insurance, or 10%, or 15%, or a maximum of 20% off the participants motor insurance policy. And the best bit is that AXA will also refund the customer the Assessment fee in full (€60), when the AXA policy is enacted.
AXA and ISM are pooling resources with substantial advertising promotions and a PR campaign to target all drivers (not just AXA customers) with these offers. It’s good news for business and good news for road safety. Apart from a huge nationwide media campaign, these offers will also be promoted prominently in all of AXA’s 42 local high-street shops all over Ireland. All of this is resulting in more business for ISM Instructors.
Benefits of an ISM Franchise
- Visibility – As an ISM Instructor you get INSTANT credibility / recognisability with our eye-catching vehicle branding. Our new vehicle branding features ISM, AXA and the local Instructors contact details.
- Advertising – As an ISM instructor you benefit from our Nationwide Premium Advertising on Google, Facebook, Golden Pages, local newspapers, local and national radio stations and various other marketing channels. Every year ISM spends a six figure sum on advertising and promotions.
- All of AXA Insurance's 42 local branches are now promoting ISM Driving Lessons with posters and point of sale material.
- Payment – ISM accept all major credit cards, laser, ONE-4-ALL vouchers and we can provide the customer with Gift Vouchers in any denomination so getting payment to our Instructors is an automated process.
- The ISM Online Booking System – No other Driving School offers their pupils real-time on-line booking! Our customers can book lessons online 24 hours a day meaning you get more time teaching and less time on the phone or calling people back. On-line booking now equates to over 35% of our business.
- Diary management – We handle enquiries, book lessons and take payments for you from our state of the art Customer Contact Centre open 6 days a week. All ISM Instructors can view their diaries at any time on smart phones. Weekly statements are generated and sent to all ISM Instructors which will help you keep track of lesson fees you’ve earned, franchise fees you’ve paid etc. This is an automated service via direct debit from ISM's bank to yours.
- Instructor Insurance – As an ISM instructor you can avail of exclusive discounts on your own Driving School Insurance through our partners, AXA Insurance; their direct number is 01 8927578 (mention ISM).
- New Cars – Our vehicle partners Opel Ireland are please to offer ISM instructors great discounts on new cars with the specialised “driving instructor pack” fitted which includes "He-Man dual controls" and air conditioning amongst other essential features.
- Used Cars - We do allow our Instructors to buy and teach in used cars. Saying that, ISM have standards so please check with our team to get a guideline on what we can and cannot accept.
- Dual-Controls - ISM is an approved and recommended supplier and fitter of HE-MAN Dual-Controls in Ireland. For the most competitive price, contact the ISM Mechanic David at 087-4191919, or contact ISM Head Office at 01-8641790.
- Rent a car with ISM – Great Value and hassle free. All our cars are fully branded and equipped with Dual Controls. Competitive weekly rates for ISM Instructors. All you have to do is supply your insurance and put fuel in the car.
- Flexible terms while you get started as an instructor and fully supported by our very own ISM mechanic.
- Last and certainly not least, our two Franchise Managers work tirelessly to ensure that ISM Instructor maintain the high standards our pupils are accustomed to; they send regular updates to all ISM Instructors and are always there for support and advice etc.